Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Uncomfortable Realization (part 2)

So, realizing that my distorted body image correlates with me feeling uncomfortable in my body... I also realized that I cannot stand to feel uncomfortable in many situations. I tend to avoid a lot of things- even necessary things- out of fear. 


For example, I've not been the best with finances; I'm afraid to talk to call the people at the credit card company. Afraid to ask my parents for assistance... I kept avoiding these things, because they're uncomfortable to deal with. I've avoided it to the point that I backed myself into a corner, meaning, that if I didn't do something soon, I was gonna start wrecking my credit. SO- last week, with no other option, I went to the bank, explained my situation, and was like, "HELP. Please?" Not only did the wonderful lady at the bank help me set up a repayment plan for my credit card, she assured me that I really wasn't doing as bad as I thought, and helped me set up a budget and a few other things. After that, I was able to talk to my parents about everything.


I was avoiding these two things, making them seem bigger and scarier than they ever needed to be... and now that I've taken care of them, I feel so relieved. My problems didn't vanish obviously, but now that I have a plan and know that I have the support of my parents, life seems doable on my minimum budget.


I guess my point is, I either run from things that make me uncomfortable (this, often making the problem bigger by avoiding it), or I find some really messed up way to deal with it.


Yet another thing to work on...

No comments:

Post a Comment